Wednesday, 19 August 2009

Driving on the left and baby puppies





I had my first English driving experience yesterday. Basically a recipe for a panic attack but I did it. My panic attacks happen when I drive all the way to the left (long story but it’s true). All you do here is drive on the left, exit on the left....everything is on the left left left. Except of course the drivers seat, that is on the right. Seriously...makes no sense and it’s absolutely horrifying and totally backwards. I don’t think I will be driving on any major highways anytime soon but I do need to learn how to drive at least through the villages if Im going to live here. Even if we are going to go back and forth between the US and here...I need to know how to drive. So...I did it. Sitting on the right side of the car, driving on the wrong side of the road and shifting with my left hand because the gear shift is on the left. It felt like I was standing on my head with my eyes crossed.


Oh...and I also just had beans on toast for breakfast. Im just sooo English this week.


Im attaching some pic’s of Tim and I. We were running around last night doing errands and stopped at a pub for a drink then went to the cafe where I work as Tim had some work to do there as well (see pic of the statue). He’s so cute..I just have to share with all my girlfriends how adorable my boyfriend is. I know...gag but were doing so amazing, were so in love and I forgot what it was like to be this in love. I forgot it was possible. It comes so natural for us when we are together. It’s like we are both just home. I feel like I’ve always known him. Always been with him. We treat each other like royalty. We would do anything for one another. I honestly did not think it was going to happen for me. I had so much hope and I was not going to give up on love but it truly did come when I least expected it with a man that I did not think it was possible to do it with. So...my only advice to all my girlfriends on the search (because I know there are many ;) is to keep your minds open. Don’t say no because of age or money or location or because he does not have everything on the list. Just go with how you feel and listen to your heart. We have all these things working against us and yet it’s the best thing that has ever happened.


I remember when we first met. I was like, “what does this 27 (now he’s 28:) year old boy want with me? Is he crazy? He thinks he’s in love with me and I could practically be his Mother and he lives 5000 miles away. This is absolutely impossible.” Yet in my heart, that day that I drove away from him in Mendicino it was breaking and I knew that there was something special there. Even if I did not want to admit it. And Im so glad that he did not listen to me and my fears and kept calling and pursuing me. He was fearless. I was full of fear. I kept thinking, “what? am I going to quit my job and move with you to your small village? That is ridiculous. Or are you going to leave your life and move to San Francisco where you don’t have a job? Even more ridiculous.” And here we are....and I have never been happier. Except for the extreme homesickness that I have from week to week. Anyway... there is someone out there for all of us. I used to walk down the street and see people together and think, “what makes them so in love? Why is that couple together?” And I guess we all just do have our match. We just need to be patient and love fearlessly. It’s what Im doing right now even though it’s horrifying. Because seriously...my demented head has me writing all this beautiful stuff about me and my amazing man and our beautiful love and then my imagination throws a vision at me a month from now. Im writing in my blog that I just found out that my amazing beautiful boyfriend is actually a crazy lunatic who eats puppies at night and I have to take back everything I just wrote because in reality I feel in love with a maniac. Just throwing out my fears ;) Im sure he’s totally normal...but I am going to start looking for small shallow graves in the back yard.


Okay..short and sweet today. I have a shit ton of baking to do today. Tim offered up my vegan cake and Pico de gallo for a barbecue we are going to tonight. Plus I seriously have to die my hair. Lots to do today. Busy busy day for the stay at home girlfriend.


No comments: