I was in London this weekend visiting my friend Lauren and got home pretty convinced we needed to move to London. I love that city! Lauren brought me to Portobello Road where there are thousands of vendors set up on Sautrdays and the streets are like New York they are so packed, we went to Notting Hill and bought little food stuff in cute jars for too much money, we went to Camden and ate outside infront of the water and sat on scooters (see pic ;) and then Harriet took us to Liam Gallagher's launch party for his new clothing line. That was pretty ridiculous and you know I loved it. Then we ended the weekend all at Harriet's with our other friend Kate drinking Prosecco and smoking cigarettes. Loved it loved it loved it!!
I sat in that little circle of girls, the four of us, all talking at once and laughing and just adoring one another and realized that I am dying without my girlfriends around me. There is something so important about having my girlfriends around me. They give me life and energy and love and support and keep my head on straight. I honestly think its one of the reasons that I've been going a little mad since I moved here. That and what I have mentioned before..I need the energy of lots of people around me, the energy of a city and my friends at arms length otherwise I start to go a little batty.
Anyway....
Tim picked me up at the bus station and I had my whole plan about moving to London. How I could go back to corporate work and make enough money for us both to live in London and ya da ya de ya.... He figured that I had conjured up a new game plan and was all ears and always open and patient with me...as usual. Good LORD I love this man I really do. He said he is willing to move there, he's basically willing to move anywhere. He's like me like that and always up for an adventure.
Then I got home, settled down and Tim and I got up the next morning and took a walk in our village. The mist was rolling over the hills, the birds, the cows and sheep, the ducks and colors of autumn all around us and the beauty of living in a small village and I realize I love it here too. I also love Tim so so much. I know we can be anywhere and be happy. I also realize that I think we will be. I don't think either of us is ready to settle down anytime soon. Maybe we will move to Bristol next and I will go to macrobiotic school, maybe I'll get a fab job in London and we will move there, or maybe we will stay in a small village. I don't know yet. I do know that something will change soon though. Immigration has had our paper work for 7 weeks now and so hopefully we will hear back from them soon.
As you all know by know Tim and I are engaged. Got to love Facebook for that one. He was super sweet and romantic. He got down on both knees and asked me to marry him. He had my ring in his Grandmother's old wedding ring box. So it's official...were getting married. Regardless of what immigration says in the next couple of weeks we will find a way!
And the holidays are coming and I can't wait to come home! Just 7 weeks away!!

No comments:
Post a Comment